Project #2: Rotoscope Ft. Panic! at The Disco



Image result for panic at the disco brendon urie

Our task for this project was to create a rotoscope of a live-action video. Unlike last semester, where I picked a clip from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, I had a different idea in mind for this semester: A video taken at a concert of Panic! at the Disco. To begin with, I chose the following video:

Panic! at the Disco (Brendon Urie)

Next, I decided to use the program FlipaClip to create this rotoscope, specifically because my computer would not allow me to import a video into the app. I used red to make the tracing easier, and used 12 fps with a total of 195 frames to complete for the entirety of the 16 seconds. After HOURS and hours of tracing and refining mistakes, I present you my final product:


Even though I literally worked too many hours on this, even to the point where I got up at 4:50 am to finish 28 frames and didn't finish until 7:00 am, I can say I am incredibly happy with the final product! I would say that this rotoscope is definitely an improvement from my last one, so I really enjoyed doing this project!:)

Comments

Popular Posts